Regulation applicable to foreign investments
Foreign investments subject to prior authorization
Formalities relating to the filing of an application for prior authorization
- Send your application for prior authorization for foreign investment to the President of French Polynesia, along with the duly completed form provided for this purpose, and the documents required for the examination of the application, all in duplicate;
- Send your application by post by registered letter with acknowledgment of receipt, or hand-deliver to:
Foreign investments subject to declaration
Foreign investments made in French Polynesia, which do not fall under the prior authorization regime, are subject to a declaration to the President of French Polynesia, within 3 months after their completion.
However, foreign equity investments not exceeding 20% of the share capital or voting rights of listed companies or 33.33% of the share capital or voting rights of unlisted companies are exempt from any declaration.
Formalities relating to the declaration of a foreign investment
- Send your foreign investment declaration to the President of French Polynesia, along with the form provided for this purpose, all in duplicate (1 original + 1 copy);
- Documents to be provided with the form:
– For a repurchase: a deed of sale of the company;
– For a creation: proof of creation and/or updated articles of association (Tahiti number, RC number, etc.)
- Send your declaration by post or hand-deliver to:
The standard forms can be downloaded here: